Thursday, October 8, 2009

Going Bananas

I have learned that when your pediatrician tells you that it might take multiple times before your child will like the taste or texture of a new food- they are not exaggerating. Our current experiment has been bananas. Now the first time I gave Carter a real banana ( he loves his Gerber ones!) - he touched it -looked at me- and started to cry. Over time we have made progress (he will pick it up) but mostly we just end up with a huge mess and nothing actually consumed. For some reason I decided lets try it again tonight....

He picked it up - I was praising him just for that !

And then I got this face - and figured we were done for the night ....

But he decided he needed to check it out a little bit more ...

And he remembered how much he liked to squish ...
And we tried it again ( all mushy) ...


And then went bananas for bananas !!!

1 comment: